Some people think that they are incredibly funny calling you four eyes, really, the joke is a little old. Yeah, you wear glasses, it’s not really that big a deal, better than walking around not being able to see anything.
Of all the things to have that you don’t like about your appearance, wearing glasses is definitely the best because you can always wear contact lenses or get laser treatment down the line.
Of course, there are the stereotypes that go with wearing glasses that you must be a nerd or that you’re super smart (which is probably true).
If you get tired of the annoying four eyes comments, use one of our clever comebacks below.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
11 Best comebacks when someone calls you four eyes
1. At least my problem is fixable… unlike yours, which is not.
2. Yes, with my four eyes I can see a lot better how ugly you are and with my two ears, I can hear that you have nothing useful to say.
3. Well, four eyes are better than two eyes.
4. Well, I’m glad you find my glasses so fascinating.
5. Way to state the obvious.
6. How old are you, two?
8. Nobody cares what you think!
9. What is wrong with you making such a stupid comment?
10. Too bad there isn’t a vaccine against stupidity.
11. Maybe I’m being super sensitive, or maybe you’re trying to play some kind of weird power game with me.
More posts you might like
- Comebacks when someone calls you ugly
- Top ten comebacks kids can use at school
- Read more comebacks to insults
Why do people call others four eyes?
People may call others “four eyes” as a way to make fun of a person wearing glasses. for wearing glasses. This is very juvenile form of teasing and often happens in elementary school. People who wear glasses may feel hurt and disrespected.
There are several reasons why people may engage in name-calling or teasing:
1. Group mentality: People in a group will tease someone because they feel powerful and they are trying to fit in. Often these individuals would’t have the confidence to tease another person if they were alone.
2. They are insecure: People who feel the need to tease others are often insecure about their own appearance.
3. Lack of empathy: Some folks lack awareness and do not realize that they are hurting others when they make insulting comments such as four eyes. They are not aware that singling someone out for their appearance is embarassing.
Most people feel embarrassed when others tease or name call certain perceived weaknesses. It is wise to try to treat people respectfully, and refrain from commenting on other people’s appearance.
How much does laser eye surgery cost?
There are several factors the determine the cost of laser eye surgery. Costs can vary depending on several factors, including the type of procedure, the surgeon’s experience level and qualifications, and the location of the clinic.
In the United States, the cost of LASIK eye surgery is reasonably priced, and ranges from around $1,000 to $3,000 per eye, while other types of laser eye surgery, such as PRK or LASEK, may cost slightly less.
Usually, the cost of laser eye surgery is not covered by insurance, so patients will need to pay for the procedure themselves. Financing options may be available, and payment plans can make it more magaageable for some patients.
How old do you have to be to get laser eye surgery?
The age requirement for laser eye surgery can vary depending on when your live and the type of surgery and the individual’s eye health. Most eye surgeons prefer to wait until a person’s eyes have fully matured before performing laser eye surgery, which is typical 18 years of age.
Occasionally laser eye surgery may be performed on younger people with eye conditions or in cases where wearing glasses or contact lenses is not possible or practical.
The surgeon usually makes the decision to perform laser eye surgery on a young person on the recommendation of an eye doctor, and the patients unique circumstances will be considered.
Famous young people who wear glasses
There are many famous young people who wear glasses, including:
1. Millie Bobby Brown – actress known for her role in Stranger Things
2. Malala Yousafzai – activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate
3. Finn Wolfhard – actor known for his role in Stranger Things
4. Greta Thunberg – climate activist
5. Noah Schnapp – actor known for his role in Stranger Things
6. Yara Shahidi – actress known for her role in Black-ish
7. Timothee Chalamet – actor known for his roles in Call Me By Your Name and Little Women
8. Jacob Tremblay – actor known for his role in Room
9. Zendaya – actress known for her role in Spider-Man: Homecoming
10. Kiernan Shipka – actress known for her role in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
And many more!
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who calls you four eyes and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.