If you have a big nose, you are probably used to the comments about having a big honker or schnoz.
A lot of people think that their nose is too big, too small, or too bumpy. The unfortunate thing about having a big nose is it is hard to hide. You can’t tuck your nose behind your hair. It is right there in the middle of your face.
In Japan, having a big nose with a high bridge is considered attractive. Many Japanese people don’t like the low bridge on their nose, and having a “tall nose” is considered to be physically appealing.
The next time someone makes a nasty remark about your big nose, shut them up with one of our great comebacks.
Vote for the best comeback when people make fun of your big nose
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Gisele Bündchen was told she would never make it as a model with her big nose
“I remember some people telling me my nose was too big or my eyes were too small, that I could never be on a magazine cover,” she told People magazine.
Giselle turned to her Dad for advice. “I told my dad, and he said, ‘Next time, tell them, I have a big nose and that comes with a big personality,’” she recalls. “At that point I felt, if I kept working hard and giving my best, it would all work out.”
Getting a nose job can transform your face and your life
Getting a nose job, or rhinoplasty, is a surgical procedure that can alter the shape and size of your nose. While many people may choose to get a nose job for cosmetic reasons to improve their appearance, others may need it for medical reasons, such as correcting a deviated septum that can cause breathing difficulties.
For those who choose to get a nose job for cosmetic reasons, it can be a transformative experience that can boost their self-confidence and improve their overall quality of life. A nose job can help balance the facial features, improve the appearance of the nose, and enhance the overall harmony of the face. Many people have felt defined or known by their one large facial feature.
However, it’s important to note that getting a nose job is still a surgical procedure that comes with risks and potential complications. It’s crucial to speak with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon to discuss the risks, benefits, and potential outcomes of the procedure before making a decision.
Lila was tired of being known as the girl with a big nose
Lila had always been self-conscious about her nose. It was big, crooked, and seemed to dominate her face. Kids at school teased her relentlessly, calling her names like “Schnozz” and “Pinocchio.” Lila tried to shrug it off, but the comments hurt deeply. She longed to feel confident and beautiful, but her nose seemed to be a constant obstacle.
One day, Lila decided to take matters into her own hands. She saved up money for a nose job, hoping that it would finally give her the confidence boost she needed. The surgery was a success, and when Lila looked in the mirror for the first time, she couldn’t believe the transformation. Her nose was smaller, straighter, and more proportional to her face.
With her newfound confidence, Lila’s life changed in ways she never could have imagined. She started to speak up more in class, joined the drama club, and even auditioned for the school musical. People started to notice her for her talent and personality, rather than just her nose. Lila realized that the nose job had been about more than just changing her appearance – it had given her the courage to be herself and pursue her dreams.
Famous people with big noses
There are many famous people who have big noses and have embraced their unique features. Here are just a few examples:
- Barbra Streisand – The legendary singer and actress is known for her distinctive voice and her unique larger than life nose. She has spoken openly about the criticism she faced early in her career because of her nose, but has since embraced it as part of her identity and it has paid off.
- Adrian Brody – The Oscar-winning actor has a very prominent nose that has become a signature feature of his appearance. He has said that he used to be very self-conscious about his large nose, but now sees it as a symbol of his individuality.
- Jimmy Durante – The comedian and actor was famous for his huge nose, which he affectionately referred to as his “Schnozzola.” He made jokes about his nose throughout his career and even incorporated it into his catchphrase: “Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.”
- Sarah Jessica Parker – The actress and fashion icon has a distinctive nose that has become an important part of her unique look. She has said that she used to be self-conscious about it, but now embraces it as part of her unique features. Sarah has the money to have her nose fixed, but has chosen to embrace who she is.
- Karl Lagerfeld – The late fashion designer was known for his distinctive look, which included his oversized sunglasses and his prominent nose. He once said, “I have a face for radio and a voice for newspapers, but I’m in fashion, so it doesn’t matter.”
More comebacks you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for unsolicited advice
- Read more comebacks to insults
The role of counselling and self-care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who makes fun of your big nose and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.