When you run into an old friend, it’s likely that they will ask “How are you?” This is a common way of greeting someone and showing interest in their well-being. It can be a great opportunity to catch up and reconnect with someone you haven’t seen in a while.
By asking this question, your friend is expressing an interest in your happiness and health, and they may be genuinely interested in hearing about what’s been going on in your life since you last saw each other.
What’s a good answer to the question, ”How are you doing?” Of course it depends who asks, but go ahead, tell us what you think is the best comeback.
If you can think of an even better comeback, then let us know in the comments below.
25 best comebacks to “how are you?”
1. I’m better on the inside than I look on the outside!
2. Better than I was a minute ago because you are here.
3. I’m fine and dandy, sweet as candy!
4. I’ve slipped into the 7th circle of hell and you?
5. I’m walking, alive and sober — anything beyond that’s gravy.
6. If I was any happier, I’d be you.
7. I am feeling sparkly, filled with joy and rainbows.So far, so good, but it”s still early in the day.
8. Best Tuesday of my life so far.
9. So far, so good, but it”s still early in the day.
10. I’m happy because I’m upright, and still sucking in air.
11. Is there a reason you need to know?
12. Feeling horny.
13. Feeling better than all the people who died yesterday, that’s for sure.
14. Better now that you’re here.
15. I’ve got no complaints.
16. Living the dream!
17. I’m actually dangerously close to fabulous.
18. I have been passing a lot of gas lately. How you doing?
19. Well, I’m great until they find the bodies.
20. Why don’t you go first so we can compare.
21. Feeling sassy and a bit smart assy!
22. The voices in my head keep telling me I’m fine.
23. Well, I am upright and breathing, it could be worse.
24 I’m just hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit.
25. By the looks of things a lot better than you!
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when people ask what you are thinking
- Clever answers to what’s up
- Check out more comebacks
Why do people ask how are you?
People often ask “How are you?” as a way of greeting or when someone is concerned for your well-being. It’s a way of expressing interest I someone you know, or starting up a general conversation.
How are you?” can be used in a many different situations, such as when meeting an old friend, catching up with the people in your life or checking in with a family member.
By answering this question, people will be able to tell how another person is doing The question can also be a common greeting to help build rapport with others.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being asked invasive questions and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.