It can be sad to see someone you love constantly stressed out and worried about everyone and everything. For some folks being worried or stressed out is a state of being. Your life becomes what you think about and if you are constantly thinking worrisome thoughts you will be in a negative state most of the time.
Worrying about things you have no control over and working yourself up into a negative state isn’t helpful. When Trump was elected as President some people went into a state of hysteria, it was as if it was the end of the world. I heard about one man who was so depressed he couldn’t get out of bed. He was truly ruining his day because he could not control his thinking about the situation. Was the world any different than the day before Trump got elected, not really?
We all go through stressful periods of life where we may get hit with one or two serious issues at the same time. When this happens to worry is valid, it can be very hard to cope and it is important to reach out and get professional help or connect with a friend who can help you solve your problems.
We are only on the planet for a short amount of time, when you look back on your life you will probably really regret wasting a lot of time worrying about a lot of stuff that really doesn’t matter. The best thing we can all do is try to extract the greatest possible joy out of the time we have on this earth.
We’ve all met someone who worries incessantly. Here are a few kind words for the worry wart in your life.
Top ten things to say to a worry wart
- 99% of the things you worry about will never happen.
- Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
- Worrying will never change the outcome.
- Focus on the positives and soon the negatives will disappear.
- Be a warrior, not a worrier.
- Worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
- Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
- Don’t worry just care and be prepared.
- Why worry if you have done the very best you can. Worrying won’t make it any better.
- Worrying is literally betting against yourself.