When you talk to people and challenge their political beliefs, it can lead to arguments and the end of friendships. People can get angry and worked up when someone doesn’t agree with their political point of view.
America seems to be more politically polarized than ever before in history, and instead of debating topics people are battling it out with each other. Even if you disagree with someone else’s point of view, it is important to express your opinion it a respectful and civil manner.
Many people define themselves by their political beliefs and feel that they can’t be friends with someone who has a fundamentally different point of view.
Things have gotten so bad that even children can be bullied at school for their beliefs. When a teenager in California shared an Instagram post stating that she supported Trump, and hoped he would win the election, she was physically attacked at school. Other students laughed and filmed the politically motivated assault.
DO YOU NEED A LITTLE HELP STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to challenging people? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it. Discover the secret of shutting down rude people.
Having different opinions is what makes the world go around; if we were all the same, the world would be a pretty boring place.
Here are a few clever things you can say as verbal self defense next time you are attacked for your beliefs.
Top ten comebacks when people insult your political views
- So you’re telling me that everyone has a right to their own opinion unless it’s different from yours?
- Many people don’t know this, but it’s possible to hear something you don’t agree with and just simply move on with your life.
- Being constantly offended doesn’t mean you’re right.
- Insulting someone for having a different opinion from yours is just so mature.
- Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn’t mean you have to scream at them and tell them they’re wrong.
- People are entitled to have a different opinion from you.
- Let’s agree to disagree.
- Everyone is entitled to their opinion but no one is entitled to belittle someone else’s.
- There is a difference between expressing your opinion and being rude.
- Just because you believe something doesn’t make it true.
More you might like
- Top ten comebacks for backstabbers
- Top ten comebacks for unsolicited advice
- Read more comebacks to insults