A backstabber will pretend to be your best friend to your face and then turn around and badmouth you behind your back. Whatever the reason behind this two-faced kind of behaviour, you need to get this person out of your life so they can do as little damage as possible.
Evan told his friend Emma that he didn’t like a girl that they both knew, who was also a work colleague. Evan worked with Miranda who was a special kind of snowflake who complained about everything and would get annoyed if people didn’t share her political views. What Evan didn’t realize was that Emma was a backstabber, she got on Instagram and reported back everything that he had shared with Miranda.
When Evan went to work the following week, he was called into the office by his boss who told him that Miranda had been in to see him complaining that he said that he didn’t like her. Evan explained that he wasn’t a fan, but he had been professional and treated her fairly at work. He pointed out that it was something he said in private, outside of the office.
People may have different reasons for being backstabbers; it doesn’t really matter. However, when people show you who they are, believe them.
If you want to let the backstabber know that you are on to their two-faced ways, here a few great things to say.
What to say to a backstabber
- Oh you’re talking to me, I thought you only talked behind my back
- Mean people don’t bother me a bit. Mean people who disguise themselves as nice people bother me a WHOLE LOT.
- When you said you had my back I didn’t realize you meant for a place to store your knife.
- While you were talking about me behind my back, feel free to bend down and kiss my ass.
- If you don’t have the decency to say something to my face, then keep your mouth shut. Grow up or grow a set of balls
- If you are gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.
- Don’t tell me what they said about me, tell me why they felt so comfortable saying it around you.
- You’re the kind of person who as stabs in the back and then asks why they’re bleeding.
- I’d rather have an enemy who hates me than a friend who secretly puts me down.
- Oh I’m sorry, did my back hurt your knife?