A backstabber will pretend to be your best friend to your face and then badmouth you behind your back. Whatever the reason behind this two-faced kind of behaviour, you need to get this person out of your life so they can do as little damage as possible.
Evan told his friend Emma that he didn’t like a girl that they both knew, who was also a work colleague. Evan worked with Miranda who was a special kind of snowflake. She complained about everything and would get annoyed if people didn’t share her political views. What Evan didn’t realize was that Emma was a backstabber. She got on Instagram and reported everything that he shared with Miranda.
When Evan went to work the following week, he was called into the office by his boss who told him that Miranda had been in to see him, complaining that he said he didn’t like her. Evan explained that he wasn’t a fan, but he had been professional and treated her fairly at work. He pointed out that it was something he said in private and outside of the office.
People may have different reasons for being backstabbers; it doesn’t really matter. However, when people show you who they are, believe them.
If you want to let the backstabber know that you are on to their two-faced ways, here a few great things to say.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
What to say to a backstabber
1. Mean people don’t bother me a bit. Mean people who disguise themselves as nice people bother me a WHOLE LOT.
2. When you broke my trust the first time it was your mistake. When you broke my trust a second time, it was my mistake for trusting you again.
3. Don’t be sorry. I trusted you, my mistake not yours.
4. When someone has broken your trust, sorry means nothing.
5. When you said you had my back I didn’t realize you meant for a place to store your knife.
6. If you’re talking about me behind my back, remember that you are behind me for a reason.
7. If you don’t have the decency to say something to my face, then keep your mouth closed.
8. Don’t tell me what they said about me, tell me why they felt so comfortable saying it around you.
9. Don’t be the kind of person who stabs someone in the back and then asks why they’re bleeding.
10. Oh, I’m sorry, did my back hurt your knife?
What is a backstabber?
A backstabber is a person who betrays someone else’s trust by doing something harmful or cruel behind their back. A backstabber gives the illusion of being your friend to your face, but will have a different agenda and they secretly work against the person they are betraying behind the scenes.
The backstabber might spread rumours about others, ruin someone’s career by lying about their work or sabotaging their reputation. Backstabbing can cause a lot of harm in another person’s life, and is some cases it is challenging to recover from. It’s important to be aware of the signs of backstabbing behaviour and to surround yourself with trustworthy and loyal people.
More posts you might like
Famous people who have been called backstabbers
Here are a few famous people who have been called backstabbers publicly:
- Taylor Swift – The singer has been called a backstabber by other celebrities and even by close friends. Celebrities that have called her out are Katy Perry and Kanye West.
- Paris Hilton – The socialite has been accused of betraying friends and colleagues in order to further her own career and interests.
- James Franco – The actor was accused of backstabbing Seth Rogen, and taking credit for his work.
- Lindsay Lohan – When she was younger, Lindsay was called a backstabber for spreading rumours a and gossiping about her friends. It looks like she has grown up and changed her ways.
It’s important to remember that accusations of backstabbing can be subjective and influenced by personal biases. It’s always important to approach these issues with an open mind and a critical perspective.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with a backstabber and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.