Do you know a teenager or do you have a friend who is always complaining, “I’m so bored!” When you think of it, it is a little sad that someone doesn’t have the ability to entertain themselves.
Really, being bored is a first world problem, a luxury. With the intranet and a gazillion TV channels you would think people would figure out something worthwhile to do instead of sitting around and complaining.
Here are a few clever comebacks that you might find useful, next time they are whining in your ear that they’re bored.
25 Best comebacks when someone complains that they’re bored
1. Only boring people are bored.
2. I hope you get bored of being bored, because being bored is so boring!
3. I’m bored, I send a text to a random number saying, “I hid the body… now what?”
4. Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself.
5. Life is never boring, some people chose to be bored, boredom is a choice.
6. I didn’t know it was my job to entertain you.
7. Being bored is a privilege. I am sure the people doing an 8 hour shift at McDonalds would love to be bored and have your life.
8. I’m bored is a ridiculous thing to say. It’s a big world, go explore and travel and get out of your comfort zone.
9. Your’e accountable for your life and entertaining yourself.
10. You’re welcome to clean my house if you need something to do.
11. Apparently, saying I’m bored is the mating call of dull people.
12. OK then, what kind of adventure are you up for today?
13. Go on then, give me a massage!
14. OK, if you’re bored I dare you to run naked down the street.
15. Life begins outside of your comfort zone. You need to try something new.
16. You look sexy when you’re bored. Want to get naked?
17. Honestly, your boredom is starting to bore me!
18. If your today is the same as yesterday, you will have the same tomorrow unless you find out why and make some changes.
19. OK, I dare you to try something new today,
20. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. Try something new.
21. Great things never come from staying in your comfort zone in your mom’s basement.
22. A boring life comes from a lack of curiosity and exploration.
21. A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing grows there, including you!
23. A comfort zone is a graveyard for your dreams and ideas.
24. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Life gets very boring when we stay in the limits of what we already know.
25. You are not bored, you are boring bastard.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Why do people say they are bored?
People compliant that they feel bored when they have nothing going on and they want something stimulating to engage them. It could be they are bored because they are waiting for something and there is nothing going on.
In our lives we have a personal obligation to entertain ourselves. We are not responsible for other adults, or their happiness or lack of motivation or inspiration.
Don’t feel responsible for other people, encourage them to take responsibility for their own enjoyment and happiness.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when someone complains that their life is so hard
- Funny replies when someone says you listen to me
- Check out our top ten comeback lists
How to deal with someone who says they are bored
When a person shares that they are bored, you can try and engage them in conversation to understand their interests and suggest activities that they might find fun in your city.
You could suggest going for a walk, to the park or playing a game. Sometimes offering to listen to what’s going on with someone will cheer them up, and help them feel more engaged with the people around them.
10 Famous people known to get bored
1. Elon Musk
2. Kanye West
3. Miley Cyrus
4. Justin Bieber
5. Lindsay Lohan
6. Britney Spears
7. Paris Hilton
8. Charlie Sheen
9. Mariah Carey
10. Johnny Depp
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with a person who says that they are bored and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.