When you are a quiet person it can be annoying when some loud extrovert keeps going on and on about how quiet you are. Yeah, we know were quiet, you don’t need to point it out.
At least quiet people are not talking over everybody or monopolizing conversations. Maybe you don’t contribute a lot in group discussions or don’t talk when there is a subject you are not familiar with. It would he nice if some conversation hogs could stop talking for a while.
If you want to shut up the loud mouth the next time he mentions how quiet you are, use one of our clever comebacks below.
Vote for the best comeback when people say you’re quiet
Definition of a quiet person
A quiet person is shy and usually talks and acts in a calm, low-key way. Quiet people may like to listen more than talk. They may feel more at ease in small groups or one-on-one conversations than in large crowds or social gatherings.
How to deal with people call you a quiet person
Depending on the situation, calling someone quiet can be a compliment or a criticism. Here are some ideas for what to say when people tell you that you’re a quiet person:
- Own who you are: Being quiet can be a superpower in itself. You have an amazing skill that makes you a great listener. And people love being with someone who really listens to them, right?
- Be aware of the negative outcomes. A drawback of being too quiet is that it can sometimes make it hard to get along with other people. That is why it’s important to find a good balance. Even if it’s not your natural tendency, find ways to express yourself and talk to other people.
- Accept yourself: We should be proud of what makes us different and not let anyone make us feel like we need to change. It’s all about staying true to who we really are.
- Convey well: You should know what you want and be able to say it clearly. All we have to do is find the right words and say them in a way that helps bridge the gap.
- Ask for help. Everyone needs a little help now and then, and that’s fine. So, don’t be shy about reaching out to get the help you need. It’s pretty important, especially if you want to keep your peace and build healthier habits.
We shouldn’t think that being quiet is a bad thing. Instead, let’s celebrate how different we all are and pay attention to the great things that make us who we are. Since life is short, labels shouldn’t hold us back.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
The role of counselling and self-care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called quiet by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when someone calls you shy
- Funny comebacks when someone calls you flat chested
- Best ever comebacks to insults
Famous people who are known to be quiet
It’s always fascinating to see how some celebrities manage to stay out of the spotlight, despite their immense popularity. Here are a few examples:
- Audrey Hepburn: This amazing actress was all about elegance and grace. People used to say she had this soft-spoken and reserved vibe going on. She was definitely a class act!
- Bill Gates: This guy is seriously smart and knows how to run a business like a boss. And the catch? He’s actually pretty introverted and quiet.
- Emma Watson: People always say she’s got this thoughtful and introspective vibe going on. And she’s also super smart and passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Barack Obama: Everyone knows that he is smart and has a lot of charm. But people often say that he is a bit quiet, too.
- Christina Aguilera: She has a stage presence that is out of this world. But do you know what’s cool? When she’s not on stage, she’s a quiet person.
Accepting your quiet side is good, but you should also work on your social skills. You have to find the right balance between being quiet and being able to talk to people. Because, let’s be honest, making friends is important.