When someone asks you if their clothes look too tight it can be difficult to answer, especially if they are poured into a dress and look like they are wearing a sausage roll casing. Some women wear clothes that are too tight, extremely revealing, and not really age appropriate.
Some folks are in size denial, where they just don’t want to admit that they are really a size ten and they are trying to fit into a size eight frock. People see Kim Kardashian in her skin-tight outfits and think they think might look just as good, probably not.
When you’re struggling to tell your friend how they look, use one of our clever comebacks.
11 Best comebacks when someone asks if their outfit is too tight
1. There is a fine line between a dress and a sausage casing.
2. I hate to be the one to tell you but curves and rolls are not the same thing,
3. It makes your muffin top look like a pound cake!
4. Not to be unkind but It’s hugging you in all the wrong places.
5. Not if you’re auditioning for a role as a sausage casing.
6. You are giving off “I can’t breathe” vibes. I am not sure if that is the look you are going for.
7. Your dress is certainly on the snug side of things.
8. It certainly shows off all of the delicious food you’ve enjoyed.
9. I think it would look better if you found a dress in your actual size.
10. Well, it showcases your muffin masterpiece.
11. Your outfit is so tight you look like you may need to be resuscitated. Let me know if you need mouth to mouth.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
More weight comebacks you might like
- What to say when someone says you need to lose weight
- What to say when someone calls you fat
- More comebacks when people insult your appearance
why do people wear clothes that are too tight?
Some folks like wearing very tight clothes because they may think that it shows off their curvy figure or they just like the style. Others folks just aren’t aware that what they purchased fits in such a figure hugging way, and may not be flattering.
Some cultures wear tighter clothes then others as a style.
10 famous people known to wear tight clothes
3. Elvis Presley
4. Lady Gaga
7. Freddie Mercury
8. Mick Jagger
10, David Bowie
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who asks if their clothes look too tight and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.