Nosiness and gossiping seem to go together. Some people find power in knowing something that others don’t know.
All of us have information that we don’t feel comfortable sharing with others. Nosy people don’t get the hint and keep trying to pry information out of you. Some folks like to ask really personal questions about who are you dating, if you are a virgin, or even how much money do you earn.
You don’t have to reveal the personal details of your life to the office gossip or your family. You have the right to set some personal boundaries and keep parts of your life private.
If someone in your life crosses the line too many times and won’t keep their nose out of your business, here are a few sarcastic zingers. Maybe you will get lucky, and they will mind their own business!
Top ten snappy comebacks for nosy people
- Hey, I found your nose, it’s in my business again!
- Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither.
- Oh I didn’t tell you. It must have been none of your business then.
- My life, my mistakes, my choices. Not your business!
- My business isn’t your business.
- If you are going to have opinions about my life then I can assume you will be paying some of my bills.
- Oh, I didn’t realize you were an expert on my life. Continue while I take notes.
- It’s better to have your nose in a book than someone else’s business.
- It’s an odd thing how some people have to be all up in your business.
- Mind your own problems before you talk about mine.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for people who make negative comments
- Top ten comebacks for complainers
- More comebacks you might like
Some people find it so hard to find out of my life, when they actually need to focus on their own.
I quite agree Nilly. I can’t stand nosey prying people. Why are they so interested anyway. I had an ex-friend who was forever asking personal questions which i found where very tactless and insensitive. I got so stressed out with it all i decide to end the friendship even when i mentioned the fact i didn’t like her line of questioning she still kept on so i said goodbye and i feel much better without her intense personality.
thats the best
Omg you found it I thought that you lost it….. You know your nosey thing you do when you get up in everyone else’s business because you have no life of your own, yea… I thought you lost it thank god you didn’t that’s would have been tragic. -what I said to a guy in my class bc he is a nosey b¡+€h
Here are a few that I came up with on my own: 1) If only you were more interested in knowing how to mind your own business. 2) It is more important to know boundaries than to know confidential matters. 3) It’s more important to know what to ask than to know everything about everyone.
I like to say it’s not a secret it is just none of your damn business!
Lola, what a perfect comeback . 🙂
When somebody asks a personal question I simply say, “why do you ask?”.
This puts them on the spot. Watch them fluster.
I wish there was a course I can take to spontaneously react in situations like this… I always think of comebacks later after the conversation is over … N i kick myself for not being able to say anything to them… I’m too nice n polite for my own good
Nosey person: hey, what are you talking about
Me: hey, what do you want to be when you grow up, because you better be a surgeon so you can stitch your nose back on, because it seems to be wondering into my business!!!!!
I hope the comebacks not toooo long?