Have you ever had someone flip out at you, get mad and call you nasty? Most likely, it was because you didn’t respond in a way that they wanted you to.
One of our readers had been waiting in line for five minutes to pay when someone pushed in front of him. He politely mentioned that the start of the line was behind him to the woman who butted in line. Even though the woman was in the wrong, she called him nasty and a bunch of other four letter words.
Next time someone calls you nasty because you are not cooperating with their agenda, use one of our clever comebacks.
9 Best comebacks when you are called nasty
1. Yeah, I don’t do nice.
2. I’m an angel! Honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.
3. I’m already going to hell, now I’m just trying to get a good spot.
4. I’m sorry, you seem to have mistaken me with a woman who will take your shit.
5. I’ve been called worse by better people.
6. And you’re still trying to climb to my level.
7. Who are you and why should I care?
8. It’s cute how you think your opinion counts.
9. You make me want to take nasty to a whole new level.
Definition of a nasty person
Basically, a nasty person is someone who enjoys being mean or hurtful to other people. They might like making other people feel bad or awkward. A person can be mean because they are selfish, don’t care about others, or just don’t understand how other people feel.
How to deal with being called a nasty person
Being called nasty is not a good thing. It can make you feel pretty sad, especially if it means that you did it on purpose. Here are some tips on how to handle being called a bad person:
- Follow advice: Take the perceived judgment with grace. Even more so if you think some of what they say is true. And then make some changes to improve yourself.
- Give yourself the truth: Don’t try to hide what you’ve done wrong. Instead, think about what mistakes you’ve made in the past. From there, you can make plans to improve yourself.
- Say sorry when needed: Be responsible and say you’re sorry when you’ve hurt someone else. Make sure you feel bad about what you did and do not do it again.
- Show that you care: Try to put yourself in the shoes of the person you hurt. Think about it from their point of view. Empathy is a great way to understand other people’s points of view and make your relationships even better.
- Get some support: If you feel like you can’t stop hurting other people, go see a professional. You can also ask for help from the people closest to you. A great way to help yourself grow is to do it with other people.
We all make mistakes. But that should not define us. And we all have the capacity to change and become better versions of ourselves.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
More comebacks you might like
- Comebacks when you are called stuck up
- What to say when you are called a bitch!
- More comebacks to insults
Famous people accused of being nasty towards others
We can’t just go around calling people nasty. Because it’s a pretty delicate and personal thing to talk about. But, you know, there are some celebrities who have a bad reputation because of the things they’ve done in the past. We’ve got a few examples for you:
- Ellen DeGeneres: Apparently the talk show host has been accused of being really nasty because of treating their staff like trash. There is even a bunch of ex-employees who have spoken up about being bullied and harassed.
- Lea Michelle: The Glee actress has been getting called out a bunch because of several complaints on set. It appears that she bullies her co-stars. They even said working with her is such a pain.
- Kanye West: People say that the rapper is not the friendliest person around. Most of the time, he’s just plain rude.
- Christian Bale: According to reports, the actor is tough to deal with and has been nasty to team members. In 2009, while filming “Terminator Salvation,” he famously lost it in public.
If someone’s being mean to others, we should definitely take it seriously and look into it thoroughly. No matter what people do or how they act, it’s important to be respectful and kind to them.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media may earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called nasty by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.