Dealing with a procrastinator can be extremely frustrating, after all, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
We all know a procrastinator; it could be your boyfriend, a friend or even your kid. Here are some great things to say to try and motivate the individual who is always putting off getting things done.
These clever sayings may offer some motivation, without sounding like a total nag.
Ten things to say to a procrastinator
- Yesterday you said tomorrow.
- The best way to get something done is to begin.
- Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Life is a sequence of moments called now.
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
- Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction is the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must but take the step.
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
- There are seven days in a week and someday isn’t one of them.
- The best time to start was yesterday. The next best time is now.
- Stop wishing, start doing.
WANT TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF WITHOUT BEING A JERK?
Ever feel like you don’t know what to say to challenging people? Grab our FREE starter guide, so you know not only what to say- but how to say it. Discover the secret of shutting down rude people.
Leonardo da Vinci was a word class procrastinator
Leonardo da Vinci was a major procrastinator who couldn’t stay focused on anything. He would startseveral projects, and end up getting distracted and never finish up, during his life time he was known for being unreliable.
He would continually start new projects for patrons who would get pissed off when Leonardo wouldcome up short and not finish the project. Sculptors and painters had to be hired to finish of Leonardo’swork.
Da Vinci was hired on contract to create a paining in seven months. Twenty five years later, he finally finished up the “Virgin on the Rocks.”