Cockney slang for telling lies is porkie pies. Everyone, at some point in their life, has been told a big porkie pie.
Whether it’s a friend or a cheating partner, being betrayed by a liar is hurtful. When you are not a deceitful person it is shocking when someone lies to you because you just aren’t expecting it.
Once someone has violated your trust the relationship may never be the same depending on the size of the lie. You need to decide how much effort you want to put into sorting out the situation, is this a person you want in your life or does the lie make it a deal breaker? It’s true that people treat you like allow them to treat you so you do need to let the person know you are aware of their lack of honesty.
It may not be worth wasting your time trying to sort out a relationship with someone who didn’t value you enough to tell you the truth in the first place. It’s not up to you to educate people on how to be a decent human being, the person should have figured that for themselves long ago.
Let the fibber know that you are well aware that they have lied to you by using one of our clever comebacks below.
Top Ten Comebacks for Liars
- I’m sorry if you don’t like my honesty, in fairness I don’t like your lies.
- The worst thing about being lied to is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth.
- I’m not upset that you lied to me. I’m upset from now on I can’t believe you.
- The deeper you dig your lying deceit hole, the farther your lying ass will have to climb out of it.
- It’s not the lie that bothers me. It’s the insult to my intelligence I find offensive.
- Treat people how you would like to be treated. Karma’s only a bitch if you are.
- Lies are lies, big or small.
- I respect how honest you appear while lying!
- You admitted that you lied, now you’re offended that I don’t believe you.
- People lie, actions don’t.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for people with double standards
- Top ten comebacks for a hypocrite
- More comebacks you might like
Thank you so much for this! I used the second one – The worst thing about being lied to is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth…
Good to hear the helped you out.Jax
You could also say, “I don’t trust words, I trust actions.” Kind of says it all for a liar.
I don’t believe what you say. I believe what you do.
Teacher: have you don this ?
Teacher: are you sure ?
Me: hah! Two lies in a row !!
I used all of them tbh xxx thanks! xoxo
You should have judge judys “dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining”
I used the 8th one 6 times the day I read it
Cool I’m happy they worked