Supporting someone who struggles with anxiety can be challenging. There is a huge difference between be normal stress and anxiety, all of us may experience anxiety anytime we try anything new like the first day on a job or giving a presentation to one hundred of your colleagues. When you are doing something that is outside of your comfort zone, it is normal to experience butterflies in your stomach and to feel terrified.
When someone has an anxiety disorder they continually live with symptoms that make every day functioning very challenging. Sufferers experience extreme worry and fear which can be paralyzing. It makes doing daily things a really difficult and it affects relationships, work life and social life.
Most people find revealing personal things about themselves on their blog pretty terrifying. I know one blogger who suffers from anxiety, she doesn’t feel afraid putting things out there out her blog because what she goes through in her personal life with anxiety is much more frightening. Her anxiety has paralyzed her in personal areas of her life and stopped her doing things we do and take for granted every day.
Here are a few Soothing things to say to help comfort someone with anxiety.
Top ten things to say to someone with anxiety
- Take life one panic attack at a time.
- You have the power to say this is not how I will end my story.
- Interrupt anxiety with gratitude
- Just do it… even if you suck at it at first.
- Sometimes it’s OK if the only thing you did today is breathe.
- It doesn’t matter what others are doing, what matters is what you are doing.
- You create your calm.
- You are confined by the walls you create yourself.
- Don’t stress, do your best, and forget the rest.
- You can do anything but not everything.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- What to say to someone who feels overwhelmed
- What to say to someone who feels sad
- More comebacks you might like