For guys, a receding hairline is one of the worst things that can ever happen, not only does is suck that your hairline is receding, but even worse, it could be leading to a path to baldness.
For some reason people like to make jokes about hairlines, Reddit even has a thread Roast my hairline. No doubt you have heard all the lame hairline jokes before.
Remember every single one of us has something hideous about us that we could all be roasted for, nobody is immune. The guy who is ribbing you may have a spotty face or the girl who makes a snide comment may be carrying a few extra pounds.
There is not much you can do to stop a receding hairline unless you have a ton of cash, but you can certainly shut up the people who are giving you a hard time about it.
Next time someone roasts for your hairline, use one of our clever comebacks below.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
15 Best comebacks when people make fun of your hairline
1. Your hairline jokes are so bad, you make me want to pull out the hair I have left.
2. Really, that is the best you’ve got.
3. A pretty face needs space.
4. Your mama pulled all the hair right off my head.
5. Are you trying to bald-shame me?
6. People always preach about body positivity but you make fun of people for something they can’t control? I guess you’re just showing who you are.
7. How would you feel if I made a remark like that about you. There’s a lot you could work on!
8. Thankfully, I’m still better looking than you!
9. And you’re concerned about my hairline because…..?
10. I noticed that you’re (fill in the blank). Yeah, it’s not nice when people make fun of you for things you can’t control huh?
11. I don’t think it’s appropriate to make negative comments about someone’s appearance.
12. If that’s your sense of humour you should prepare to get canceled pretty soon.
13. Looks aren’t everything, but manners certainly are.
14. I’m comfortable in my own skin, but I’m not so sure about you.
15. Thanks for the update, Captain Obvious.
Why do people make fun of my receding hairline?
People may make fun of your hairline for many different reasons, but it’s important to remember that everyone’s appearance is unique and people should be accepted for who they are.
Focus on what makes you special instead of letting low level people’s comments destroy your self esteem. Use one of our clever replies to let the person know that insulting something that you have no control over is not OK.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say when people say you’re going bald
- How to respond when people make fun of your teeth
- Comebacks when people make fun of the way you look
How to deal with people making fun of your receding hairline
Dealing with people making fun of your receding hairline can be upsetting, but it’s important to remember that your worth is not determined by how much hair you have. Here are a few things to remember:
1. Confidence: Embrace your receding hairline with confidence. Having confidence can be a powerful deterrent to negative comments.
2. Humor: The best solution is to use clever humor to deflect or respond to teasing or put downs, knowing what to say can take the sting out of hurtful comments. When you use a witty reply, the person with all of the insults will usually be taken aback, and at a loss for words.
3. Focus on your many strengths: You have many strengths that you can focus on, instead of dwelling on remarks about your receding hairline, which isn’t something you can control.
Start to value yourself for who you are and not what you look like. Looks are fleeting but good character lasts a lifetime.
10 Celebrities with receding hair lines
Here are ten celebrities who have receding hairlines who don’t let it stand in there way.
1. LeBron James – NBA player
2. Jeremy Piven – Actor
3. Bruce Willis – Actor
4. Prince William – Duke of Cambridge
5. Jude Law – Actor
6. John Travolta – Actor
7 Matthew McConaughey – Actor
8. Vin Diesel – Actor
9. Ben Affleck – Actor and filmmaker
10. Hugh Laurie – Actor
It’s important to remember that hair loss is a common issue that affects many people, including celebrities.
These men have achieved great success in their careers despite any physical features they may have. We need to remember to love ourselves for who we are, rather than focusing on our physical appearance and things that we cannot change.
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with someone who makes fun of your receding hairline and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.