We all have days when we aren’t performing at our best if someone asks if you have lost your mind you may be at a loss for words.
Sure, you could be having a bad day and you are feeling a bit scatterbrained. Sometimes it can feel like your mind is a sponge, it is just too full and you can’t fit any more in, causing you to become forgetful. Ask any new mom and she will guarantee that she has felt this way a lot of the time.
Sometimes people will say have you lost your mind because they don’t agree with your point of view. They will accuse you of insanity when in reality you are just not doing what they want you to do. For example, people who aren’t fans of Donald Trump thinking people have lost their mind when they voted the guy in.
Next time someone makes a joke saying you have lost your marbles or mind, use one of our clever comebacks and give them a laugh.
Best comebacks when people ask if you have lost your mind
1. Yah, I let my mind wander and it got lost.
2. Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.
3. You shouldn’t let YOUR mind wander, it’s too small to go out on it’s own!
4. I’ve finally lost my mind. If you find it don’t bother to return it. It wasn’t working properly anyway.
Where did the saying have you lost your mind come from?
The saying “have you lost your mind” is a popular expression used to question someone’s ability to make decisions or their sanity. It is unclear wheere the saying originated, but people have been using the phrase since the 19th century.
People believe the phrase the idea could have come wrong losing your mind in extreme stress or perhaps suffering from mental illness. But the true answer of where the prayer originated remains a mystery.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
Famous people in history who lost their mind
There have been many famous people in history who have suffered from mental illness, including some who have been accused of losing their minds. Here are a few examples:
- Vincent van Gogh – The famous Dutch painter struggled with mental illness throughout his life. Vicent is knowing for his breathtaking paintings, but he struggled for most of his life with mental illness. He had manic episodes and was hospitalized. At 37 years of age, he took his life.
- King George III – The monarch of Great Britain had a mental illness that causer paranoia and moments of paranoia.
- Ludwig II of Bavaria – The eccentric king of Bavaria, was declared insane by his own government and was removed from ruling the country. Ludwig II was well known for his building projects, which were known to be extravagant. He died from a mysterious death.
- Mary Todd Lincoln – The wife of President Abraham Lincoln, dealt with anxiety and depression for most her life. After her husband’s assassination, it was too much and she was sent to a mental institution.
- Ernest Hemingway – The American author was a creative author who struggled with alcoholicism and depression. struggled with depression and alcoholism throughout his life. At age 61, he took his own life.
More Snappy comebacks you might like
- Funny replies to what’s wrong with you
- Great comebacks when someone asks if you are crazy
- Check out our top ten comeback lists