We can’t all be sparkling rays of sunshine every day, we all have ups and downs. Sometimes people go through very stressful periods, and often it is personal and you don’t feel like sharing too many details.
If you have someone in your life who complains that you have become a miserable grumpy git, you can listen to what they have to say or decide not to accept their framing on the situation. If you don’t agree, let them know and use one of our clever comebacks.
If you can think of an even better clever comeback, do let us know and leave a comment below.
WANT TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF?
Our FREE Starter Guide will show you the 3 simple steps you can take right now to stand up for yourself so that you can feel confident. It’s a game changer–get it free for a limited time!
15 Best comebacks when someone calls you miserable
1. Are you a freaking ray of sunshine every day?
2. I would tell you go to hell but I work there and I don’t want to see you every day.
3. You treat me like your bitch and you wonder why I act like one.
4. Yeah, I don’t have pet peeves. I have whole kennels of irritations.
5. Whatever you need to tell yourself…
6. Mr. Roger’s wouldn’t like who you’re being right now.
6. Thank god, I was worried you wouldn’t notice.
8. Well, I guess we have something in common.
9. Miserable? No, I’m introspectively contemplative.
10. I’m actually quite content today, but thanks for your concern.
11. I’m just having a quiet moment today, but I’m okay.
12. I’m just in a contemplative mood today, nothing to worry about
13. Wow, I’ve never heard that before. Do you often bully people having a bad day?
14. You have a keen eye for the obvious.
15. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize my existence was bothering you so much.
Definition of a miserable person
A miserable person is someone who isn’t happy with their life or how things are going for them. It can be hard for them to find happiness or meaning in what they do every day. If someone is unhappy, they might also look at things in a negative way and they can judge others all too easily.
How to deal with being called miserable
It can be upsetting to hear that you are miserable. It could make you feel like you’re not living up to standards or like you can’t find happiness in life. Here are some ideas for what to say when someone tells you you’re miserable:
- Acknowledge feedback: It’s actually a pretty good idea to hear what others think of you. If someone says they think you’re miserable, try to figure out why they feel that way. And make sure you address that problem.
- Be truthful: Just take a moment to reflect on your feelings and be honest with yourself. If you’re feeling down or upset, try to think about why you’re feeling that way and come up with a plan to handle it.
- Exercise self-care: Looking after yourself can really help you deal with those down moments and make you stronger in the long run. Meditation and workouts are awesome ways for taking care of yourself. You can also chill with nature to up your self-care game.
- Ask for help: Learn to reach out to your friends and family for support. You can also hit up the pros if you need any help. Having a solid crew can really help you handle your emotions and navigate life like a boss.
- Be grateful: When you are thankful, you become happy and contented. So, make sure to find joy in the ordinary. And always be thankful for the little things in your life.
Being unhappy is just one part of who we are. At some point, everyone has trouble with negative emotions. But we should know how to move through life so that we don’t stay in a miserable state of mind.
More comebacks you might like
- How to respond when someone tells you to listen up
- What to say when someone calls you bossy
- Read more snappy comebacks to rude comments
Famous people who have been called miserable
We might think that wealthy and well-known people can’t be unhappy because, well, they are rich and famous. But because they are only human, they can sometimes be sorrowful. Here are a few famous people who are known for being miserable:
- Kanye West: A lot has noticed how Kanye West is behaving miserably in his life recently. The way he talks and acts in public shows that he has this unfavorable attitude.
- Mariah Carey: People have been saying that the singer is a bit of a handful to work with and not exactly the happiest person. She’s also acting like a diva and being difficult to work with on set.
- Johnny Depp: The actor’s shameful actions in public summarize how Depp has been miserable with his private life. He has legal battles and professionalism issues that have been dragged up in the media.
- Bill Murray: The actor has a reputation for not getting along with his film crew. He is also said to be very moody.
Feeling miserable is just a part of life. Sometimes, life can throw us unexpected challenges that make us feel pretty down. But it’s important to figure out how to handle our unhappy feelings, so we don’t get stuck in that phase for too long, right?
The Role of counselling and self care
I Should Have Said Media will earn a commission after clicking links on this page at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
When you are dealing with being called miserable by others and you find it stressful, consider getting support from a professional. Talking to a counselor is a great way to work through a challenging situation, and help you find some strategies to work through the person’s behaviour.
Better Help is a great resource where you can talk to a counselor from the comfort of your own home.
Taking care of your own needs isn’t selfish, and you will feel better in the long run.