Everybody gets grumpy from time to time. We all have off days. If your husband has been in a continuous bad, sulky mood, it can be tiring to be around that kind of energy. Nobody wants to walk around on eggshells to ensure they don’t upset the grump in the living room.
Perhaps your husband is stressed about something and doesn’t like to share his worries. Some men internalize their problems instead of talking to others about what is going on. Some folks like to blame everyone else for their problems instead of accepting their part in the situation.
Is your husband moody with you and nice to everyone else that he comes into contact with? If he is grumpy with you and warm and fuzzy on the phone to friends, then you need to have a conversation about what is going on.
Melody’s husband overreacted to little things and spazzed about them if he was in a bad mood. If she was having a conversation with him and made a comment, he would get annoyed and say he was being interrupted. He never got the memo that a conversation is supposed to be like a game of tennis instead of bowling. He never showed this annoying behaviour with anyone outside of his immediate family.
If you get tired of his grumpy attitude, here are a few zingers you can use to let him know. These are best said in a joking way and with a smile. If you’re lucky, maybe he’ll even get his own dinner tonight!
Top ten snappy comebacks for grumpy husbands
- Never laugh at your wife’s choices…you’re one of them.
- I am not a nag. I am a motivational speaker.
- Let me know when you are off your man period.
- I’m sorry we fought. I hate it when you’re wrong.
- You treat me like your bitch and then you wonder when I act like one.
- Your dinner is in the recipe book page 22. And the ingredients are at the store.
- No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
- Never piss off someone who bleeds for a week a month and doesn’t die.
- Both of us can’t look good at the same time. It’s either me or the house.
- Stop nagging me about how much I’m nagging you.
More top ten comeback lists you might like